We are G R O W I N G and have two open positions for fun, go-getters to join our team. To apply, please send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2017. We are looking to fill both positions by the start of our season.
Family-owned and operated since 1999, and just 40 miles outside of Chicago, Arranmore Farm & Polo Club is Chicagoland’s premier open-air venue. Situated on 300 pristine acres, this stunning black canvas transforms to accommodate international polo games, CabCab live outdoor music performances, one-of-a-kind weddings, festivals and private corporate events.
2017 “CabCab” concerts and Polo matches are held on the following dates:
- Saturday, July 15 | CabCab “British Invasion”
- Sunday, July 23 | Chicago Polo Cup
- Saturday, August 5 | CabCab “I Love Rock N Roll”
- Sunday, August 13 | Women’s Polo Invitational
- Sunday, August 27 | Arranmore Polo Classic
- Saturday, September 9 | CabCab “Home Sweet Home”
Job Description: Events Coordinator Intern
Arranmore Farm & Polo Club is seeking an Events Coordinator Intern to join our unique company. This is a great opportunity for a student seeking a career in events planning or hospitality. The Intern will assist the Venue Director, supporting our outdoor concert series, Polo matches and the possibility of select weddings. He/She will work on a wide variety of projects including event communications, sponsor relations, sponsorship fulfillment requirements, pre/post event processes, procurement, and logistical planning and coordination. Hours are flexible, with a maximum of ten hours per week. Must be able to attend the majority of events. This position is available to start as soon as possible and ends late August.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Upbeat, friendly attitude with an ability to think quickly and creatively
- General business knowledge – a few business courses or experience working an event
- MS office suite – basic Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must have own laptop and internet connection.
- Enrolled in a college degree program
- Strong communication (oral, writing and presentation) skills
- Detail oriented, professional presence and demeanor
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Internship Desired Major(s): Event Management or Hospitality
Salary Level: Unpaid - for credit Job. Opportunity for hourly rate on event days is negotiable.
Function: Event Planning
Hours Per Week: 2-10 hours per week and available the day of the majority of the scheduled events
Job Description: Check-IN + Parking ATTENDANT
Arranmore Farm & Polo Club is seeking Check-In + Parking Staff for this season. He/She will assist the Customer Service Coordinator, supporting our outdoor concert series, Polo matches and the possibility of select weddings. Hours are determined based on event schedule. Must be able to attend the majority of events. This position is available in July with our first event and ends in September with our last event.
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Salary Level: $10 per hour
Function: Event Planning/Coordination
Hours Per Week: Must be able to attend the majority of events